TERMS AND CONDTIONS OF HIRE
At Go Adventure Motorhome Hire we make every effort to make your Motorhome holiday as easy and carefree as possible, we must apply the following terms and conditions, to protect both the hirer and the company.
These terms and conditions should be agreed to and signed for prior to commencement of the hire.
- Be between the age of 25 and 75 years of age at the time of booking, and during the hire period. Up to 2 drivers may be named and both must sign the rental agreement. (Subject to acceptance by insurer).
- Have held a driving license for a minimum of 3 years with driving experience.
- Have licenses free of driving offences/accidents except for minor speeding/parking offences. (subject to acceptance of insurer).
- Not have had any previous insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed because of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
- Provide 2 other forms of ID,
- One MUST be a Utility Bill: Gas/Electricity, Council Tax Bill, Telephone bill (landline only including Sky/Virgin/BT etc.)
- The other should be proof of address: Bank or Credit Card Statement and/or mortgage statement.
- Both above must be dated within the preceding three months of hire and address must match the same as Driving License and be up to date.
Any failure to provide the above documents/details (or if there are any doubts regarding the identification or qualification to drive of the hirer/drivers whatsoever) then the hire will be refused, and any deposits/payments made will be forfeited.
- Complete our Driver’s Declaration Form and submit it to us within 24 hours of paying deposit. (Hirers with a UK license must supply driving license & national insurance numbers, to allow details to be accessed on the DVLA site).
- Complete the Driving License Check on DVLA website and provide us with the code to complete check one week before hire commences.
- Declare anything that may affect the insurance of the vehicle. g., previous driving bans, health issues etc.
- Ensure that all passengers are wearing seatbelts where fitted, and where required by law.
- The hirer, (you), will be liable for all expenses, fines, endorsements etc., incurred due to violation of traffic laws, regulations etc.
- All drivers must be present on Motorhome pick day.
2) BOOKING PROCEDURES / PAYMENT
- Bookings can be made by telephone or email.
- Booking deposit of (£100) must be received within 24 hours of confirmed booking to secure dates. (Please note this is non-refundable).
- You will be required to complete a Drivers Declaration Form and sign a copy of the Rental Agreement prior to commencement of the hire.
- Confirmation of booking will be sent to you by e-mail with an invoice for hire charges.
Full Payment of Hire must be paid by bank transfer (Please note we do not accept cash payments)
- Key Payment Deadlines
- 24hrs from confirmed dates booking deposit (£100) to be received to secure dates
- Four weeks before hire date 50% deposit of hire cost to be paid
- Two weeks before hire 100% of remaining hire cost to be paid
- Four Days before commencement of hire Refundable Security Deposit (£500) to be paid (see section 3).
Comprehensive Insurance for the vehicle is included in the hire charge. This does not include internal fixtures, fittings and equipment, or any optional equipment that may have been added.
It is the hirer’s (your), responsibility to provide full and accurate information on the Driver’s Declaration Form.
In the event of the motor policy being invalidated because of non-disclosure of relevant facts, the company (us), will hold the hirer (you) responsible all losses, fines, and any other eventualities.
The Motorhome is only insured for the hire period i.e. agreed collection date & time and return date & time. If you are likely to be late in returning, you must contact us immediately by telephone, in order that we can make the necessary arrangements.
The Motorhome is insured only within the United Kingdom
A Refundable Security Deposit of £500 shall be taken when making the booking to cover any damage or loss for any one incident or accident whilst the Motorhome is on hire to you and in your care. The RSD will be returned to you at the end of the hire, provided there is no damage, shortages or incurred surcharges and fines. What appears to be relatively minor damage on a Motorhome can cost a lot to replace or repair.
Driving the Motorhome after the expiry time of hire, may result in the driver committing a traffic offence and subsequently liable to prosecution under Road Traffic Acts. Furthermore, the hirer, (you), will be responsible for any accidental damage, injury, and consequential loss after the expiry of the hire period.
Items NOT COVERED under the insurance, and which are the SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the hirer, (you), are:
- Windscreen and all other Windows/skylights
- Loss/damage/theft to the radio, stereo equipment, and aerials
- Interior damage (including burns) to seats, carpets, beds, kitchen equipment and other damage.
- Vandalism and malicious damage of any kind to the vehicle.
- Personal effects within or from the vehicle
- Roof and overhead damage resulting from an incident or accident. Please note that roof and overhead damage is defined as that above 2 meters.
All drivers must be aware of the height of the vehicle and are responsible for all damage if driven under an obstruction that is too low for it to clear. Example being low bridges, height restrictions barriers, trees, signs etc. In the event of such damage occurring, THE INSURANCE WILL NOT APPLY, and the hirer (you) will be liable for the cost of all repairs, damages, and subsequent losses.
4). COLLECTION AND RETURN
Standard Times – The Motorhome is available for collection between 10am and 4pm on the first day of hire and must be returned before 4pm on the last day of the hire. Other arrangements can be made, but these must be agreed in advance, and are subject to availability of vehicle.
- Failure to return the Motorhome within the agreed time on the last day of the hire shall incur a late return penalty of £40 per hour or part thereof, together with any other costs incurred.
- No refunds will be given if the Motorhome is returned early.
- Upon return of the Motorhome a representative of the company will check the vehicle for damage, cleanliness, shortages, fuel, tyres, washroom area, kitchen area, and any additional hired equipment.
- The hirer’s vehicle can be left at the Motorhome pick up point, and vehicles are left at the hirer’s risk, no liability will be attributable to the company for any loss or damage caused in your absence.
5). ACCIDENTS OR BREAKDOWNS
- Whilst we assure you that every effort is made to ensure that the Motorhome is in a safe and roadworthy condition prior to the period of hire, in the unlikely event of a breakdown, the vehicle is covered for roadside assistance, and recovery 24/7 this also includes tyre repairs. If necessary, recovery will be back to the home address of the Motorhome.
- We will not be held responsible for any consequential expenses or loses, e.g. hotel or transport costs, or any 3rd party claims or damages, subsequent to any breakdown of the Motorhome.
- Please note that where the company, incur costs through negligence on your part, any charges incurred by the company will be passed on to you. Incidents of negligence include, but are not limited to, incorrectly refueling vehicle, locking the keys inside vehicle, losing keys.
6) DIESEL, FUEL AND CAMPING GAS
- A full tank of diesel will be provided with the vehicle at commencement of the hire. You are required to return with a full tank. Any shortage will be charged at a rate of £2.00 per litre and taken from the Security Deposit.
- The hirer will be responsible for all associated costs of incorrectly refueling the vehicle, e.g fueling with petrol instead of diesel.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to check that the oil and water levels of the engine, and tyre pressures, are correct daily.
- 2 propane gas cylinders are provided, one full, and the other part full. In the unlikely event that both cylinders run out of gas, please replace one cylinder at a garage or campsite. (The same make/supplier of gas should be purchased – we will not reimburse the cost of a new cylinder).
7) ADDITIONAL CHARGES
Our Motorhome and equipment are supplied in the best possible condition, and we ask that you maintain that standard and return the vehicle in a similar condition as received. Cleaning materials and equipment are supplied with the vehicle to facilitate this. Should the vehicle not be returned reasonably clean, we reserve the right to make charges from the security deposit, where deemed necessary by us and to our standard of cleanliness:
- £75 Soiling Fee where interior is not returned in clean condition. This can be increased to £150 for full professional valet if stains and excessive dirt is present on return.
- £50 charge if greywater waste tank not emptied on return
- £50 charge if toilet waste tank not emptied prior to return
- Further soiling charge may also be incurred if drainage pipework from sink and waste tank has to be replaced or cleaned due to oil being poured down sink. It is imperative that cooking oil, fish or strong-smelling substances are not put down the motorhome drains.
Cancellations must be in writing and are charged as follows:
- Less than 14 days prior to commencement of hire – loss of full deposit and any monies paid.
- Loss of secure dates payment (£100) if cancelled at any time after securing dates.
The company reserves the right to cancel the hire at the commencement of the hire if the driver’s license is invalid or do not meet out terms and conditions for hire. In these circumstances the total charge will be forfeited. Hirers are strongly advised to insure against any unavoidable cancellation.
Smoking within the Motorhome is strictly forbidden.
Failure to comply will result in a £200 charge.
Go Adventure Motorhome Hire authorises the use of this vehicle up to 4 passengers including the Driver. Each person to ensure use of the safety restraints provided whilst vehicle is in motion.
We allow well behaved pets in the motorhome – it is the drivers responsibility to ensure that the pet is secured while driving vehicle. It is also a strict requirement that the hirer takes covers to cover all seats within the motorhome and pets are never left alone within the motorhome at any time.
In addition to this the motorhome must be returned fully hovered and any paw marks removed – failure to do this or meet the standard in which the motorhome was picked up in may result in soiling charges as explained in section 7.
Every effort Will be made to ensure that the Motorhome is available. However, if due to circumstances beyond our control the vehicle is not available, we will in no way be held responsible and all monies paid to the company will be refunded except for the £100 to secure dates monies as this is non-refundable until the hire takes place. We offer our customers the option to reschedule at another date at no extra charge.
12) INTENDED METHOD OF PAYMENT
- Bank Transfers are the only method of payment accepted
- No Cash Payments are excepted under the insurance policy and Paypal is not accepted due to additional charges being required from Paypal.
13) WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING ON THE DAY
- Valid Driving License
- 2 documents (one must be a utility bill) with proof of address dated within the preceding 3 months please see section 1
Please note we require all the paperwork, or we will not be able to hire the Motorhome to you, and you will be liable for the cost of the hire.
We have endeavored to include all that you may need within the price below:
Prices includes the following: –
- Unlimited mileage
- Comprehensive Insurance
- Breakdown & recovery cover
- 10% off Camping and Caravanning campsites
- Propane gas
- Sat Nav
- Dish Towels
- Bike racks
- Picnic table & chairs
- Fire extinguisher
- Fire Blanket
- Cleaning Products
- Free view TV – £15 per hire
- Fire Stick – £5 per hire
- Bedding (king-size duvets and two pillows) – £10 per hire (mattress protector provided at no extra cost)
15) Payment of Charges Joint and Several Liability
All charges and expenses payable by me under this agreement are due on demand by Go Adventure Motorhome Hire. If I do not pay all charges when due, I agree to pay a late charge of 1.5% per month on the outstanding balance and any collection costs incurred by Go Adventure Motorhome Hire, including reasonable legal fees. When the customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customer pursuant to this agreement.
I acknowledge that Go Adventure Motorhome Hire retains title to the vehicle and that I possess the goods as a mere bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Go Adventure Motorhome Hire credit in connection with the vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the vehicle.
16) Use of Vehicle
I agree that during the rental period, I will not and will not allow the vehicle to be:
- Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent, and normal manner.
- Used in a manner which could cause damage; Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by me to Go Adventure Motorhome Hire.
- Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law.
- Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied, steering wheel security lock applied.
- Driven by persons:
Under the age of 25 years; or who is not authorised by law to drive the vehicle as per rental agreement.
- Damaged by:
Submersion in water
Contact with salt water
- Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally, or contest.
- Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
- Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
- Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the vehicle manual or on the vehicle or specified in this agreement
- Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this agreement.
17) Alterations to the Vehicle
I shall not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle without the prior written consent of Go Adventure Motorhome Hire.
I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including oil checks, water, and batteries.
I acknowledge that Go Adventure Motorhome Hire will reimburse me for expenditure up to UK £60.00 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the vehicle (not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio equipment) provided that:
- I produce relevant receipts
- I have received the prior consent of Go Adventure Motorhome Hire
- The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of this agreement.
Subject to the terms of this agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the rental period provided that Go Adventure Motorhome Hire will reimburse me for expenditure reasonably incurred if:
- I produce relevant receipts
- The tyre is defective and is returned by me to Go Adventure Motorhome Hire for inspection; and The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty
- I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol)
19) Responsibility in The Event of an Accident
- In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle
- I will notify Go Adventure Motorhome Hire within 24hrs of the happening of the event
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station.
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer.
- Obtain the name and address of any other driver and registration mark of any other vehicle involved.
- Obtain Insurance Certificate details from any other driver you hold responsible for causing the accident and give such details to anyone similar holds you responsible (You are compelled to provide such information by the Road Traffic Act 1998)
- Obtain the name and address of any witness
- Record the position in the road of your vehicle and any other vehicle involved.
- Assist Go Adventure Motorhome Hire in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence.
- I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period.
- I will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle because of an accident regardless of which party is at fault.
20) Release and Indemnity of Go Adventure Motorhome Hire
Subject to its obligation to deliver the vehicle, I release Go Adventure Motorhome Hire, its employees, and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this agreement, including but not limited to:
- Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, and accident or the vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose,.
- Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Go Adventure Motorhome Hire premises or recovered or handled by Go Adventure Motorhome Hire.
- Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Go Adventure Motorhome Hire, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Go Adventure Motorhome Hire, its employees, and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the vehicle.
Instances beyond Go Adventure Motorhome Hire control that means they cannot release the vehicle to me due to a prior accident or fault with the vehicle. In this instance, Go Adventure Motorhome Hire will endeavor to find a replacement vehicle or give a full refund of the price of hire to the customer
21) Release and Indemnity of Go Adventure Motorhome Hire
I acknowledge that Go Adventure Motorhome Hire may terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle, including towing charges if;
- I am in breach of any term of this agreement.
- I have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation.
- The vehicle appears to be abandoned
- The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Go Adventure Motorhome Hire reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date.
- Go Adventure Motorhome Hire considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the vehicle is endangered. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the security deposit